Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Well, its here now

In my last post, I was talking about PM Harper's announcement on proposed changes to the dangerous offender legislation. Well today, the Justice Minister Vic Toews tabled the bill in the House (ht to David Akin). Halifax's Chronicle Herald and the Toronto Sun have articles on it. For those of you out there interested in reading the full text of the bill, I did some digging on the Parliament of Canada's website and found it for you here.

Not as much of blog response to the tabling yet, at least compared to when the announcement was made. Then again the Garth Hunter thing has kind of obliterated everything else out there. A few criticisms have come out though, check 'em out here and here.

Bit of a side note, work and school have slowed down my posting a bit. But if your looking for some good reads, I encourage you to check the guys (and girls) in my blogroll. Especially Andrew @ bound by gravity, Olaf @ Prairie Wranglers and Steve @ Far and Wide. Scott Feschuk does a pretty humorous news round up as well.


3 Comments:

Blogger Olaf said...

Hey Daz,

Thanks for the plug. I've had more hits today than any other day in the history of the blog... coincidence?

10/18/2006 10:44 p.m.  
Blogger Steve V said...

Thanks Daz, much appreciated!

10/19/2006 3:55 p.m.  
Blogger Daz said...

No prob guys.

Olaf,

I highly doubt it, but then again who knows?

10/19/2006 9:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker