Friday, July 14, 2006

Some more musings

Figured I start with a brief explanation of my feelings on the fisheries issues came about. I grew up in a fishing town in BC. We have lots of fishermen on both sides of the issue here (native and non-native). Although I can remember when that distinction didn't exist. They were all just fishermen. They suffered in the hard times and prospered together in the good times. Then the DFO came up with this a idea and immediately created tension within this previously tight community. Native fishermen have told me privately that they also disagree with the current policy as it has driven a wedge between former friends.

Not much news yet out there on the issue so far.

MSM: The Globe and Mail

Blogs:

For: Mark Peters

Against: Stageleft

Also while I was wandering around on the net I found a gem that I thought I'd share. I try and stop by Liblogs on a regular basis to keep up on that side of things. Between them and Warren Kinsella, I discovered a great new blog out there. Called The Frog Lady, she has been making these hilarious South Park pictures of the Liberal leadership candidates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker