Friday, August 11, 2006

We are NOT Americans

I was reading "What do I Know Grit" and he pointed out an article by Mike Harris in the Ottawa Sun. Now I don't really care about the Liberal leadership race (actually its not that I don't care, its just too boring so far).

My problem is more or less with the comparison to the USA and American politics. Mike Harris is not the only one to do it either. I don't understand why some members of the media in this country seem determined to view everything in Canada as having some parallel in the US. For a country that seems proud of its anti-american stance on many issues (something else I disagree with but...), we sure seem to define ourselves by them a lot.

I think Canada can do just fine on its own. We don't need to define ourselves by using others (unless you define yourself as being pro- or anti- american). People on both sides use this constantly and it just gets tiring. Have some pride people, its your goddamn country for chrissake.


On a different note, I think the Wajid Kahn thing is a good thing for Liberals. Remember, he's the Ontario chair in Joe Volpe's leadership campaign. This can only take away from the time he would spend on Joe's campaign. And that can only be good for the Liberals.

In parting, I'll point you to anyidiotcanhaveablog, where you find out about the real threat we face, nope not terrorists but Bathtubs!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker