Wednesday, January 24, 2007

One Fan's Opinion

For a bit of a change, I'm gonna talk about my beloved Canucks today. I'll warn you ahead of time, I'm not gonna offer anything about their play or personnel. For that, check out Alanah and the rest of The Crazy Canucks for some excellent (and usually pretty friggin' hilarious) commentary. Actually the idea for this post was triggered by one of J.J.'s comments on their podcasts and from some talk from the guys on Team 1040.


As many of you may already know, the NHL, in partnership with Reebok, launched new uniforms at the beginning of the All-Star break. This has started up talk amongst various commentators about some teams changing their uniforms, including logos. One of the big things I've been hearing lately is about the Canuck's going back to their old logo, ie. the "stick in a rink" design. And I've gotta say I'm for it, but with a few conditions. First off, just like Rebecca from the podcast, I don't want anything to happen to Fin, just 'cause he's a pretty cool mascot and what the hell would we replace him with? Pac Man (what else would look like the stick in rink logo?) And I wouldn't want them to get rid of the Orca C design entirely. I don't know, when they first came out with it, I wasn't so sure but its kinda grown on me and I'd be sorry to see it go. If they did something similar to the current uni's, with one logo on the shoulder and a different one on the chest. except obviously switching the logo positions I think I'd be pretty happy with that. Hell, who am I kidding, if the hockey god's were to guarantee perfect health for Luongo for the next 6 years I could live with the old flying V's sweaters.

Finally, speaking of Luongo, did anybody else hear the new "Luongo" song on the Team yesterday? I've been trying to find a copy but have been so far unsuccessful in my hunt and any tips would be appreciated.



2 Comments:

Blogger Chimera said...

Much as I'm a Canucks fan, I really hate what Bettman and the owners have done to the NHL, and I've pretty much lost interest.

Having said that, I loved the old flying V uniforms! The only thing I would change on it is the "red" color band. Make it a deeper red. It always looked more pink than red. But I like the current logo okay. That stick-on-a-rink was bad (and not the "good" bad, either). Uck.

Lui has a song? Like King Richard had a song? If you find it anywhere, let me know, willya please?

1/25/2007 11:54 a.m.  
Blogger Miss 604 said...

Just reading Fin's Blog - yeah, the whale's got a blog. He says we shouldn't be worried about his future with the team. Do you think he heard the podcast? :-p

1/26/2007 10:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker